Accenture Team Lead Transaction Contracting in Canada
Title: Team Lead Transaction Contracting Location: Canada-Canada Job Number: 00575857
Professionals in our Corporate Functions run and manage Accenture’s internal operations and all activities across our business, from finance, HR and legal to workplace management, operations and marketing and communications. They are the engine that powers Accenture, enabling us to provide the capabilities and expertise that clients need to help them become high-performance businesses.
Leads contracting support for Transaction deals within a defined regional subset (“Scope of Control”). A “Transaction deal” for these purposes has a detailed definition which in summary incorporates deals under $30M within a particular range complexity. The Team Lead, Transaction Contracting will be required to supervise a pipeline within the Scope of Control consisting of a high volume of lower complexity deals; typically within a range of 1,500 to 4,000 deals per annum.
Reviews, drafts, and negotiates a large number of the most demanding Transaction deals within a corporate environment. Advises senior company leadership on legal risks associated with contract transactions. Manages and advises more junior legal professionals in day-to-day business.
A. Management of the match of Demand and Supply (in volume and skill) for the Scope of Control. This includes:
• Proactively manages the pipeline and staffing profiles of Transaction deals within the Scope of Control.
• Serves as the nominated point of contact for all incoming Transaction deals outside of Legal Account Lead and NBM channels within the Scope of Control.
• Establishes strong working relationships with key Accenture executives in pipeline constituent groups in Operating Groups and Growth Platforms.
B. Ensuring the quality of Contracting support for deals in their Scope of Control. This includes:
• Stays close to deals to ensure proactive help with issues and shaping.
• Assists in deal qualification and shaping through both business and contracting acumen.
• Works with transaction deal teams to develop effective negotiating strategies.
C. Being the escalation point for matters in their Scope of Control. This includes:
• Manages escalations to OU/OG and Growth Platform Leadership in accordance with the current version of the escalation process.
• Supervises preparation of briefings to OU/OG and Growth Platform leadership to ensure issues are addressed appropriately, that key risks and mitigations are identified, and that there are clear recommendations and options.
• In both cases, improves the speed to closure of deals by facilitating quick escalations and well-informed decisions.
G. Proactively contributes to the creation of knowledge capital for use within the global Transaction Contracting team:
• Leads initiatives, as agreed with the Regional Lead, Transaction Contracting to enhance the knowledge capital within Transaction Contracting.
• Demonstrates thought leadership, proactively seeks and identifies areas for improvement and proposes appropriate solutions.
H. Provides Transaction Contracting support to the business in respect of the most demanding Transaction deals
• Reviews, drafts, and negotiates higher complexity Transaction work.
• Advises senior company leadership on legal risks associated with Transaction work.
• Manages Transaction Contracting team within Scope of Control.
• Oversees, counsels, guides, trains and supports Transaction Contracting professionals within Scope of Control.
• Stays abreast of contracting developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesizes the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices.
• Educates senior company executives in regard to contracting and risk management issues.
• Represents company’s interests and interface directly with client negotiating teams.
• Strategizes with senior company executives prior to client negotiations.
• Structures client transactions to be most advantageous from a contracting and business perspective.
• Advises and consults senior company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 8 years appropriate industry experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of contracting experience in an appropriate fast-paced corporate environment is essential.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of supervising teams of contract professionals.
• Advanced degree in law, business or contract management preferred.
• Prior experience working in a fast-paced legal or corporate consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing environment (selling organization preferred).
• Experience in negotiating Intellectual Property issues.
• Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions.
Professional Skill Requirements:
• Proven ability to manage teams of people.
• Strong business/commercial acumen.
• Strong negotiation skills, executive presence and the ability to influence significant business and contracting decisions.
• Resilient under high pressure; able to balance between moving a deal forward and maintaining objectivity about the soundness of the deal and compliance with Accenture principles and standards.
• Proven ability to independently manage drafting transactional documents and correspondence.
• General understanding and appreciation of Intellectual Property issues as they apply to consulting, systems integration, digital and outsourcing transactions
• Able to present innovative, original solutions
• Responsive and follows through on commitments
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite of products
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Job: Legal & Commercial Services