Accenture Management Consultant - Digital Finance in Canada
Title: Management Consultant - Digital Finance Location: Canada-Canada Job Number: 00591737
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting. Typically, Consultants work at client sites, which often require travel.
The Finance & Risk (F&R) practice can help financial services firms focus upon the three key challenges of increasing profitability, reducing complexity and managing regulations. Accenture draws on its end-to-end transformation capabilities, as well as core strengths in management consulting, technology, analytics and outsourcing to help firms address complexity, volatility while creating sustainable competitive advantage.
Within F&R, Digital Finance professionals design the vision and strategy for Finance organizations in the Financial Services industry considering governance, organization design, location, interaction model and enabling technology. Oftentimes, this target state design includes the use of shared services, centers of excellence and outsourcing.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
• Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
• Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
• Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor
• May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance
• Decisions often impact the team in why they reside
• Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Understand and incorporates the digital finance eco-system and enabling emerging technologies
• Possesses a strategic mindset to enable CFOs to move towards the future
• Support project teams engaged in the delivery of a wide range of Digital Finance initiatives
• Provide support to management in business development initiatives, including developing client proposals and building strong relationships with Accenture clients
• Support development of the Digital Finance practice in Canada by driving initiatives around market research, Accenture Points-of-View, capability development, thought capital, knowledge management, etc.
• Maintain an understanding of advancements in regulations, technology and innovation across finance and accounting, as well as operating models and the broader financial services marketplace.
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
• Minimum of 3 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on the Financial Services industry required. Experience must include:
o Solid understanding of the Finance function, operating models and supporting organization structures, and process best practices
o Solid project management experience including: defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management
• Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
• Bachelor's Degree with strong preference for an MBA. CPA, CA also beneficial.
Professional Skill Requirements
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with clients individually and as a member of an engagement team
• Highly motivated and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and demanding team-oriented environment (both with clients and within the organization)
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Strong desire to work in the management consulting industry and deep interest in financial services
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Job: Management Consulting