Accenture Finance & Enterprise Performance Consultant - West Region in San Francisco, California
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting.
• Adapts existing methods to create alternative solutions to solve complex business problems
• Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
• Uses considerable judgment to determine solutions and seeks guidance on complex problems
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor
• Interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture
• Decisions often impact the team in which they reside
• May manage small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Support project teams engaged in the successful delivery of a wide range of Digital Finance initiatives aligning finance with business strategy
• Work with management to develop Digital Finance strategies by doing the following:• Helping define end-to-end finance processes (e.g., Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report) incorporating robotic process automation, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence • Supporting management in implementing end-to-end Cloud ERP and Enterprise Value business solutions for our clients as part of the broader Digital Finance strategy • Helping develop approach to implement digital technology and finance applications to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness (e.g.,Fintech applications)
• Provide support to management on business development initiatives, including developing client proposals and building strong relationships with Accenture clients
• Support development of the Accenture’s CFO & EV practice by driving initiatives around market research, Accenture Points-of-View, capability development, thought capital, knowledge management, etc.
• Maintain an understanding of and continuously learn about advancements in regulations, technology and innovations across Finance & Accounting, more specifically, Digital Finance and the broader financial services marketplace
• Minimum of 3 years of combined finance and strategic consulting experience to include:• Solid understanding of the Finance function, operating models and supporting organization structures, and process best practices • Solid project management experience including: defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management
• Working knowledge of data supply chain and Finance technologies
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
• Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree is desirable
• ERP technology understanding (SAP / Oracle / Workday)
• Experience with Finance technologies such as Anaplan, Hyperion, BPC, Anaplan, OBIEE, Tableau, Fusion, etc.
Professional Skills Requirements:
• Ability to travel up to 75% (typically Monday - Thursday at client site)
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with clients individually and as a member of an engagement team
• Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
• Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and demanding team-oriented environment (both with clients and within the organization)
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
• Strong desire to work in the management consulting industry and deep interest in financial services
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.