Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Accenture is helping a Federal Government agency turn complex manual processes into simple Digital experiences for the public. We're looking for talented people with experience in human-centered design, agile, DevOps, public cloud, AI, Analytics, mobile and web application development who are creative, innovative, collaborative and passionate about working with other high performers. This is your opportunity to join a modern Digital team that is developing a new experience to streamline services and change how people interact with Government. Do you want to be a part of a team that defines the future of digital government?
• Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process for a responsive web application
• Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
• Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Cucumber, Jmeter, and Selenium
•15 years software development experience OR Masters Degree in related field
• 5+ year experience with Ruby on Rails
• 5+ years experience with HTML
• 1+ years experience with Java preferred
• 3+ years of experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience with the following technologies:
• Automated Testing
• Amazon Web Services Integration
• Understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
• Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
• Working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
• Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Chef
• Working knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
• Prior success in deploying to production
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
• Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
• Experience with other open-source DevOps tools preferred
• Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
• Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
• Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
• Candidate should have ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.